- Multimedia artist, but mainly known for her performance art.
- Unusually she puts her body on edge, but it’s not self inflicted like a number of the other artists.
- “The cut Piece” (1965) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJ3dPwa2tI
- She puts her body in the hands of the people visiting her exhibition by allowing them to cut off pieces of her clothing with a pair of scissors.
- The piece looks at the relationship between object and audience and argues how they can become one with each other.
- This is in a period where body art was just starting and although not as shocking as some of the goreier pieces of this generation, Yoko Ono’s work was a key milestone in the use of body art as a legitimate medium.