- Learned her religious ideologies from her grandparents rather than parents
- Her work seems to focus on challenging the Western belief on her Iranian culture and feminism in her culture.
- “Art is our weapon. Culture is a form of resistance.” 2.54 TED talks (art in exile)
- She challenges the idea of a western based art world, that was in reality, built on racism.
- I think her work is so successful because of the script she uses, because of how powerful that images is and how it was one of the first of its kinds to become a more well known image.
- The idea of intersectionality that is used to challenge social inequality through her work has gotten her banned from her own country, a strong point for why she continues to work with her art.