- Performance art, key artist in the body art movement.
- Explores the idea of women being repressed, and rejects the normalized idea of female sexuality.
- “Meat Joy” (1964) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyM96EnBGQU
- Whilst the performance is quite grotesque I don’t think it necessarily puts the body on edge. It challenges the idea of what the body can do as more of a concept as putting the body on edge with pushing the idea of pleasure.
- I think its quite an interesting technique of using this body image which should be difficult to look at and making it comical. Does this make it easier to look at?
- The piece is a fully immersive performance. It uses all of the senses, which maybe some other work fail to do.